Grounds for Divorce in South Africa
In order to obtain a divorce in South Africa, you need to satisfy the court that the marriage has irretrievably broken down.
‘Irretrievable breakdown’ means that the marital relationship between the parties has reached such a state of disintegration that there is no reasonable prospect of the restoration of a normal marital relationship between them.
The following reasons may be considered as an indication that the marriage has irretrievably broken down:
- The parties no longer feel any love or affection for each other;
- The parties no longer communicate as husband and wife nor afford each other marital privileges;
- The parties have not shared a common home for a long period;
- A spouse became involved in an extramarital relationship;
- One spouse abandoned the other;
- One spouse abused the other; and/or
- One spouse has been institutionalised for mental illness for at least 2 years.
The information that you may require to complete the online application:
- Both parties’ full name and identity number or date of birth (if foreign)
- Address, occupation and contact information of each party.
- Date and place of marriage.
- Matrimonial property regime (i.e. in community or out of community of property).
- Reasons for breakdown of the marriage.
- Details of minor children if applicable.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Fill in the form and you’ll be able to start your divorce proceedings in the next couple of days. It’s simple and easy. Thousands of people have done it exactly this way. If you’re not 100% satisfied with the divorce documentation, return it to us and we’ll refund your money. No questions or arguments.
Save thousands with a cheap do it yourself divorce.
An unopposed divorce is cheap and easy if you fill in the forms yourself. Most lawyers will charge you a R5,000 – R6,000 to fill in these forms and file them at the court for you. There is no reason to spend this money if you’re both agree. An uncontested divorce can be handled simply, quickly and cheaply so you can get on with your life.